Established in 1868, the foundation of Kansas Academy of Science is to support science and science education in the state of Kansas. The Academy is a member of the National Association of Academies of Science and is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the U. S. National Academy of Science. The mission of the Academy is:
- To encourage education in the sciences and disseminate scientific information through the facilities of the Academy
- To achieve closer cooperation and understanding between scientists and nonscientists, so that they may work together in a common cause of furthering science
What does KAS membership support? The benefits of membership in KAS include:
- Annual Scientific Conference each spring, hosted by universities and colleges throughout the state, where Kansas researchers may present and discuss their findings, as well as providing a forum for student researchers. Cash prizes are awarded to the best student papers and posters.
- Annual Fall Field Trip, led by leading Kansas researchers, to enjoy the beauty and diversity of Kansas landscapes.
- The Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science, a scholarly journal published by the KAS since 1872.
- A biannual Newsletter filled with Academy events and science news in the state.
- Sponsor of The Kansas Junior Academy of Science, supporting Kansas middle/junior and high school students with the opportunity to present their research at annual spring meetings.
Download Membership Application